So our apartment was still full of boxes this weekend and one little girl wanted to play princess all the time (oh yes, we’re so in that phase I was afraid of my whole life) but only had the dress, no crown! So my light bulb went on – why not just do one of cardboard? And we did! It was such an easy and fun project that we both enjoyed!
And since I think it turned out quite cute I thought I’d share the tutorial with you.
Cardboard (the longer flap)
Double Sided Tape
Gold Paint and Brush
1. Draw the Crown on the cardboard
2. Cut it out – the easiest way for me was to cut out the arches with the knife and the round tips with scissors
3. Peel off the top smooth layer, exposing the internal ribbed surface
4. Help yourself with the scissors to remove the parts that don’t peel off nicely
5. You can scrape the smallest parts nicely with the tip of the scissors
6. Paint the crown
7. Measure the crown around the head, mark with a pen, cut off the extra leaving about 2cm for the tape and stick the two ends together
Voilà! All that’s left is the official coronation ceremony…
Ps. I think I’m going to add some color to it or some glitter, maybe stick a few pre-painted pieces of cardboard or something. If you decide to do one too I’d love to see it!
Pss. The dress is from TUTU DU MONDE