This year, instead of a list of my favorite Halloween costumes I decided to do a couple of easy & fun DIY’s. I think these turned out quite ok and since they are truly done in about an hour or so and only require things you most probably already have at home fit perfectly into the last-minute costume category without looking like crap. So today – animal noses, snouts and muzzles:
Thing you need:
Knitting needle, thick nail or a skewer
Thick paper for the whiskers
And the basic stuff like scissors brushes and glue
1. Cut out the shallow parts for the cat and dog muzzle or pigs snout etc. And the pointy parts for animals with long faces like a mouse, fox, a crocodile and so on.
2. Make some holes into the shallow ones for breathing (use something like a knitting needle or a thick nail). The pointy ones usually have one already.
3. Now paint them with basic colors and leave too dry for about an hour and then draw the details like a nose, mouth, teeth…
4. Cut the whiskers out of thick paper like on the picture (first one in the second row) and glue them on. I helped myself with getting the right color and positions of the whiskers by googling the animals.
5. Now finally thread the elasticated string on each side at the bottom of the nose and tie a knot at the end.
Now put it on and emulate the animal! Not you daddy, come on – just give it to the kid!