I posted this on Facebook yesterday but since I bet not all of you follow me there I decided to it here too.
A friend of mine asked me to do a fun craft for her project and I came up with this! It is one of my favorite so far. Hope you like it too:
I love this craft for several reasons. It’s easy to make, you probably already have most (if not all) of the things you need at home and you can use it as a facemask or as a wall decoration. I’ve decided to do a giraffe but you can do so many other animals – I think we’re doing the cat next.
Egg carton (for 6 eggs)
Elasticated string or narrow elastic waistband
1. Divide the box into two parts. First take the upper part (one that closes the box) and cut out holes for eyes and around the nose
2. Cut two pointed parts that divide eggs for the horns
3. First colour both parts with base colour (beige or mix a tiny bit of brown into white paint) and wait until it dries well
4. Now you can either colour the rest (hair, eyelashes and spots) or you can cut those out of coloured paper and glue them on – this way is a lot easier for small children!
5. Cut out the ears (use coloured paper) – beige for the outside part of the ear and brown for the inside. Glue together
6. Now glue the horns on the top of the head and then the ears on the side
7. Make holes (I used a thick nail) on each side, thread and tie elastic through holes and make sure the mask fits just right.
8. Have fun!
Ps. I am working on other two DIY’s as we speak.